We love taster flights of beers. In fact, we put one on a shirt!
Here's why we love taster flights:
- You can't judge a brewery based on one beer. You need to try several of their beers to see how well they brew.
- When travelling, taster flights are the best way to try beers from many local breweries.
- Side-by-side comparisons are the best way to learn how different ingredients or brewing processes affect flavor in beer.
- Beer flavor is very complex and side-by-side comparisons of similar beers from different breweries are the best way to taste subtle differences.
- We love trying new beers! Some of the brewpubs we've been to have had as many as 20 beers on tap. We can't drink a pint of each! Heck, we can barely make it through a sample of each! But we still prefer samples so we can try as many different beers as possible.
- We love trying new beers and as much as we don't like to say it, some beers just aren't that great. Taster flights are the best way to try a few beers without fear of being stuck with a pint of something you don't like.
There is a famous Czech proverb: A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
Of course we enjoy having a few pints with our friends and being thoroughly sure that we love the beers we love! But taster flights are the best way to expose yourself to different things and those few sips can be incredibly educational.